Tuesday, December 7, 2010

ASK MY MOM HOW SHE IS? Poem

ASK MY MOM HOW SHE IS?

My mom, she tells a lot of lies
She never did before
From now until she dies
She'll tell a whole lot more

Ask my mom how she is
And because she can't explain
She will tell a little lie
Because she can't describe the pain

Ask my mom how she is
She'll say "I'm alright"
If that's the truth then tell me
Why does she cry each night?

Ask my mom how she is
She seems to cope so well
She didn't have a choice you see
Nor the strength to yell

Ask my mom how she is
"I'm fine. I'm well. I'm coping."
For God sake's mom just tell the truth
Just say your heart is broken

She'll love me all her life
I loved her all of mine
But if you ask her how she is
She'll lie and say she's fine

We are here in Heaven
We cannot hug from here
If she lies to you, don't listen
Hug her and hold her near

On the day we meet again
We'll smile and I'll be bold
I'll say "You're lucky to get in here Mom,
With all the lies you told."

(unknown author)

No comments:

Post a Comment