Friday, November 26, 2010

A Poem....Can you be a mother when your child is not with you?

I found this poem and thought I would write it down.....I don't know who wrote it but it is beautiful :)

CAN YOU BE A MOTHER WHEN YOUR CHILD IS NOT WITH YOU?

I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
I asked "What makes a mother?"
And I know I heard him say

A mother has a baby
That we know is true
But God can you be a mother
when your baby is not with you?

Yes, you can. He replied,
with confidence in his voice
I give many women babies.
When they leave is not their choice

Some I send for a lifetime
And others for the day
And some I send to feel your womb
But there's no need to stay

I just don't understand this God
I want my baby to be here
He took a deep breath and cleared his throat
And then I saw the tear

I wish I could show you
What your child is doing today
If you could see your child's smile
With all the other children and say

We go to earth to learn our lessons
Of love and life and fear
My mummy loved me oh so much
I got to come straight here

I feel so lucky to have mum
Who had so much love for me
I learned my lessons very quickly
My mummy set me free

I miss my mummy oh so much
But I visit her everyday
When she goes to sleep
On her pillows where I lay

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
And whisper in her ear
Mummy don't be sad today
I'm your baby and I'm here

So you see my dear sweet ones
Your children are okay
Your babies are born here, in my home
And this is where they'll stay

They'll wait for you with me
Until your lessons through
And on the day you come home
They'll be at the gates for you

So now you see what makes a mother
It's the feeling in your heart
It's the love you had so much of
Right from the very start

No comments:

Post a Comment